A new report called “Global Packaging Trends – A Fast-Forward Look at How the Next Generation of Packaging is Engaging Consumers in 2016” identifies six key trends set to transform the global packaging industry this year.
These trends include:
- Digital revolution: The unique capabilities of digital printing have captured the attention of retailers, brand owners and packaging converters globally by creating opportunities to engage consumers on a local, personal and emotional level.
- Phenomenal flexibles: While brands will still be looking to pouches to capture consumers' attention, truly innovative brands will be looking to the next generation of rigid/flexible hybrids.
- Show me the goods: Clear and concise information about ingredients, functional product attributes, or even convenience and safety must be communicated with total transparency.
- More than "just" green packaging: Two key initiatives are beginning to resonate: a focus on alternative package material sources, and catering to the 63% of U.S. consumers who've stated that reusable and repurposable packaging is a key purchasing driver. Going forward, brands cannot afford to ignore this "ecologically friendly" purchasing driver as they develop their brand positioning and marketing strategies.
- Size matters: If brand owners are to overcome the growing lack of consumer brand loyalty, they must create and deliver packaging that consumers see as right-sized for themselves, their families, and shifting use occasions.
- Packaging mobile-ution: Moving forward, as brands clamor for innovative ways to engage and connect with shoppers, the mobile environment will become the new front line in the battle to win consumers' hearts, minds, and wallets.
To read the full article, please visit
Source: Packaging World